Samstag, 1. September 2012

Pin to action: Lieb'

This week's Studio Calico Challenge is to make a project based on a pin from the SC Pinterest Boards. Here's the pin I chose. Careful this is going to be supply-heavy.

Die aktuelle Studio Calico Wochenchallenge ist: Setze ein Pin aus dem SC Pinterest Board in ein Projekt um. Hier ist der Pin, den ich gewählt habe. Vorsicht Material-Überschwemmung.



Oh my, this was fun. I had been looking for an occasion to use my purple "Fantastic" Thickers by American Crafts. When I saw the color palette I knew it would be this one. I gathered all the supplies which could coordinate and started playing around and let my mind go a bit. 

Mensch, hat das Spaß gemacht. Ich hatte schon sehnsüchtig auf eine Gelegenheit gewartet, meine Lila "Fantastic" Thickers von American Crafts einzusetzen. Als ich die Farbkombi gesehen habe, wusste ich, das wird's. Ich habe all meine Materialien gesammelt und ein bisserl gespielt und irgendwie ist das ziemlich schnell zusammengekommen.



I felt like getting all artsy with the little embellishments and doing fun things to the wood veneers from SC. Loved using the stitched brads, which are one of my most favorite embellishments. I misted on the wood veneers and also wrapped them in washi tape. I also did a strange knot thing with baker's twine. Don't ask me how I did it :)

Hatte dann auch große Lust, mit den kleinen Wood Veneers von SC rumzuspielen und denen ganz neue Sachen zu verpassen. Schön, auch die Stoffbrads zu benutzen, das ist immer noch eins meiner Lieblings-Embellis. Die Wood Veneers hab ich besprüht und auch mit Washi Tape umwickelt. Mit dem Baker's Twine hab ich eine schräge Knoten-Kreation gemacht. Fragt mich nicht, wie ich das gemacht hab :)


I've wanted to make a starbust layout since I saw this layout by Lisa Truesdell and also several from Marcy Penner, for example this one. Inspiration big time was also this layout by April Foster.

Ich wollte schon länger ein LO in der starburst-Optik machen, schon seit ich dieses LO von Lisa Truesdell gesehen habe, auch von Marcy Penner. Inspiration groß geschrieben: dieses Layout von April Foster.


Thanks for looking! 

Danke für's vorbeischauen! 

Material
Cardstock - Bazzill White // PP - AC Amy Tangerine Yes Peas, AC Amy Tangerine Rose Ave, AC Garden Café Poppy's Pub, Heidi Swapp No Limits Champion, Heidi Swapp No Limits Forever, Crate Paper Storyteller Document, Basic Grey What's Up Airships, Basic Grey Monarchy, Crate Paper Storyteller Legend, Dear Lizzy Nepolitan Sparkling Smile, Prima Sparkling Spring Pink Apron, Basic Grey Out of Print Newsflash // Overlay - Hambly Birds on a wire teal // Thickers - American Crafts Fantastic Wine // Washi Tape: mt masking tape // Embellis - Studio Calico Wood Veneer Asterisks & Tiny Stars, Crate Sew Brads Random, Basic Grey Stitched Brads Konnichiwa and from a older collection, no name on the package, Fancy Pants Summer's End Buttons, Divine Twine // Mists Studio Calico White & Clover  // Shipping Tag + Glassine Envelope // Scrapbook Adhesives

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen